Sunday, September 15, 2013

#100: Participate in a Color Run

On Saturday I ran the Color Me Rad 5k, but Joel was on call and Eleanor is still too young to leave home by herself (I mean, just barely) so Josie came and picked her up from my house and took her home, and then brought her to come pick me up after my race, and then made me pumpkin spice waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and pecans and caramel sauce.


I'm doing alright for friends, is what I'm saying.

About the color run: it isn't timed. You just run it for the fun of running and being pelted with color. It was exhilarating. And every kilometer, a crowd of volunteers just CHUCKS handfuls of color at you, and you can see it coming from a way back, it is like running into a fog of color.


And you start off clean


and finish looking like you bathed in Skittles.


Next year I'm making Josie do it with me, which means I have one year to find someone else to watch my kid and cook me waffles.

No comments: